If only taking off your makeup could be as fun as putting it on right? Though it may be difficult to make it ‘fun’, it can become a relaxing part of your routine. Occasionally, I still dread having to take the day off my face, but for the most part I can’t wait!
Here’s how its done:
- The Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil
- The Body Shop Waterproof Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
- Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Wipes
- First Aid Beauty Cleanser
- Cotton rounds (I change up brands all the time, but the softer the better for your eye area)
I used to be a fan of Bioderma and other micellar waters, but it really can’t be my stand alone makeup remover. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, but I’m still thorough with the removal. Especially since I don’t want products like sunscreen to clogging my pores, ew.
This is why I only use oil based makeup removers now. I’ve tried the Eve Lom cleansing balm, but I was not a fan of the scent and I felt that the oil was not as refined. It didn’t make my skin feel cleaner than using the more affordable Body Shop Cleansing oil.
The Body Shop Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil is my HOLY GRAIL cleanser. In the past 2 years I have gone through 3 full bottles of this stuff. It is gentle, yet effective. Whenever my friends ask me for a makeup remover recommendation, I point them here.
As I have acne prone skin, I was apprehensive of using this at first. It’s natural for acne prone people to shiver at the sound of putting oil directly on their face. But trust me on this. It just works!
Most beauty blogs will recommend you to use a muslin cloth instead of a makeup wipe. But tbh, I cannot to be bothered to constantly wash my muslin clothes and they get battered really quickly. For me this is the best way to use makeup wipes. They are not potent enough to remove makeup on their own, but work great as a muslin cloth!
*Start off with clean dry hands and a dry face.
- Shake up the eye and lip makeup remover
- Saturate cotton round with product
- Press onto eye and hold for 5 seconds to make sure the lashes are soaked in the solution
- Gently wipe away
- Repeat with the other side of the cotton round
- Dispense two pumps of the product into palms and rub them together briefly before applying directly onto face.
- Gently rub the product all over face.
- Once your face is evenly coated, dampen your hands under the faucet
- Massage your face in circular motions until the product lathers.
- Gently use makeup wipe-to-wipe face clean.
- Rinse off residue with lukewarm water.
- Wash face normally with cleanser
- Rinse off cleanser and pat dry with towel. Proceed with nighttime skincare routine.
The only down side to this cleanser is that it is not portable. Definitely dispense the cleanser into a secure travel size container.
This routine has become muscle memory and makes me feel zen and refreshed. Let me know if you have any makeup removing tips and share your thoughts if you try out these products or method.